Sunday, 13 May 2012

Planting a tree or two

I went out to Warwick farm yesterday and joined a volunteer group at Liverpool-Fairfield for a planting tree day. We met at 9am at Jacqui Osmond Reserve which is in the middle of Warwick Farm and Cabramatta stations. This bush land is a hidden place with not much things around, except a softball centre next to it. Even though it is quite separate areas. I have come along. With Atif and we did all planting, digging holes, get the plants out of their pots, put in the hole and put all the beautiful brownny soil back to the bottom of the plants.

I felt extremely great and so happy when I dig the soil and seen there are so much diversity under ground, the earth worms, ants, little spiders... This beautiful soil is so soft and smooth. This good soil to help those plants grown.

A good activity to do on a weekend! Not meaning to save the earth or anything... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment